Evaluating students work over time can provide a richer, deeper and more accurate picture of what students have learned and are able to do. It gives a better insight as traditional approaches are effectively aligned with the contemporary approach of analytics.
• Evaluates coursework quality, learning advancement, and academic achievements.
• Help in determining whether the students have met the learning standards or not.
• Portfolios can help teachers monitor and evaluate learning progress over time.
• Portfolios help teachers determine whether students can apply what they have learned to new problems and different subject areas.
• Will encourage students to take more ownership and responsibility over the learning process.
• Can improve communication amongst teachers, parents and students.